Thursday 14 January 2010

:busy busy busy:

It has been a busy 24 hours here.  Both the girls had a friend over for a sleep over last night.  It is the first time we have done this. They arrived at 3.30pm and let me tell you there was LOTS of "yap yap yap"!  We had planned to go to the drive in again to see Princess and the Frog but that wasn't until 9.15.  Oh what to do???  I decided that they could bake some cookies, so I made a batch, divided into 2 and while 2 girls played Wii the other 2 rolled the mixture into balls ready to cook and vice versa.
They were sooooo yummy.   M&M cookies. Delicious.....



They then played and talked some more and then we walked down to get pizza (an unanimous decision) for dinner.  Then is was finally time to go.  They really enjoyed the movie but it was a bit scary in some parts especially for the 6 year olds.
After giggles and MORE talking when we got home they all finally went to sleep just after midnight. 
They were all up at the crack of dawn and after pancakes for breakfast, swimming, playing littlest pet shop, dress ups, scooters, colouring, cubby house, blowing bubbles, Wii, T.V., Ez being stung by a bee, it was time to take them home.... 
As I type this Ez and Kelsi are sitting in front of the T.V.  EXHAUSTED!!!!!!!  Early bed tonight I think for all of us :-)  We all had a fantastic night and look forward to doing it again..

I have progressed on the quilt.  All blocks are now sewn and ironed and I have started sewing the 15 sashing strips to each block.  I have decided to use linen for the sashing and I am hoping that this will work. (only ever made one quilt and that was in the last couple of weeks, so I am not sure if linen is suitable or not???).





Lets hope I can get some more done tonight........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love reading them and try to answer each and everyone.Tanya