Friday 14 May 2010

:head in the clouds:

The girls this term at school are learning about Land, Sea and Sky.  So last night I got thinking about what I could make for their classrooms.....
I decided to start with Sky and Ez and Kels told me they had learnt about all the different types of clouds... So, this is what we came up with..

Using felt, I cut out a cloud shape and some rain drops.


Hot glue gun the rain drops onto some lengths of wool placing the rain drops at different heights.
Place a dot of glue on the inside of the back piece of cloud just to keep it secure while sewing.
Place a small piece of ribbon for a loop at the top and pin in place.
Sew the eyes in place and I used a  back stitch for the mouth
Sew around the cloud shape leaving an opening for stuffing.
Stuff as much or as little as you like then sew the opening closed.

You are now finished...



Sorry about the photos, not much light at 7.30am

Two very happy girls going to school this morning!!!



Now on the  weekend I am going to be making Fish (for the sea) and thinking of something for Land. mmmmm...  that might be a challenge!






2 comments:

  1. Very clever I wish I had been this creative for my kids Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love reading them and try to answer each and everyone.Tanya