Monday 10 May 2010

:stitches and craft show:

Wow what a fabulous few days I have had....
Friday my Mum and I spent all day, and when I say all day, I mean 10am until 5pm at  Stitches and Craft Show Melbourne.  It was fantastic and here is some of my purchases from Friday.

Fabric from amitie


fabric and pattern from kelani


making this dog and her puppies from the Heather Bailey fabric for Kelsi as I think this is the closest she is going to get to a real dog....

This gorgeous fabric from yardage design


and these from inkandspindle


Bag hardware from this talented lady


and some blocks and carving tools  to make some stamps of my own. 


Purchased from here


There were also some free craft bars where you could have a go at some craft and these are what I did.



So on Sunday it was Mothers Day and after some beautiful gifts from the girls followed by breakfast, movie and snuggles in bed,  Mum and I went BACK to the craft show as I had booked into a screen printing class ran by ink and spindle

It was a fantastic workshop and here is my end result,
a new tea towel


I am really happy how it turned out so I think I will definitely be doing some more!!!!

I also went back and purchased some more bag hardware


and from this  very funny and vibrant lady a gorgeous doll pattern



I just couldn't go past without buying it. 
I will be making one for each of the girls..

 I  can't wait for next years show.
I hope all you mums out there had a wonderful Mothers Day too.



2 comments:

  1. I knew it was your blog as soon as I saw that tea-towel..I still haven't unpacked all my blog-cards to go visiting !!!
    Glad to hear you had a good time - I really wish I went to that class...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a great time and you like my fabric - thanks! Did we meet? Apologies if we did - there were so many people in 5 days! Can't wait to see what you make! Nic x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love reading them and try to answer each and everyone.Tanya