Monday 8 November 2010

:hectic:

Feeling more and more like this man at the moment!!!


I'm late, I'm late, I'm late for EVERYTHING!!!

To say that it's hectic around here at the moment is an understatement..
NO TIME FOR SEWING OR BLOGGING :-(
My mum is still in hospital so that means a trip a day to the hospital (not that I mind one bit). Hopefully things are going to plan and she shouldn't be there too much longer.

The wonderful school that we had just put our girls into this year has gone into financial difficulties (to say the least) and will be closing it's doors at the end of the term.  We are now frantically trying to find a new school for next year and with most schools already having filled their spaces , this is proving difficult.   
 I am really furious that this had been allowed to happened and as paying parents we weren't informed of any difficulties that the school was having!!!!  It's not just the students but also have a thought for the poor teachers who are now out of a job too.. There is no holiday pay, no pay outs , nothing for them.They too have missed lots of job placements this late in the year.
The school staff are very dedicated and professional people and are doing their best to keep things as normal as possible for their students for their last weeks of school and for that I thank them...


Now onto weekend stuff.. 
 The girls thought that the weather yesterday was more than hot enough for a swim.. (I didn't share these thoughts).



They were in there for a lot longer than I thought they would be.

I always like to make something for the week for school lunches so I decided on an oldy but a goody....

Coconut Slice.



For those of you that are interested, here is the recipe from Women's Weekly
90g butter
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup SR flour
2/3 cup Plain flour
1/2 cup Raspberry Jam ( I used strawberry jam)
(NB: I measure out the jam into a microwave safe jug and warm it to a slightly runny consistency so as it is easier to spread)
TOPPING
2 eggs
1/3 cup castor sugar
2 cups coconut

Grease lamington pan
Cream butter, sugar and egg until light and fluffy, Stir in sifted flours in 2 batches.
Spread mixture evenly over base of pan, then spread jam, then topping.
Bake in Mod oven for about 35 mins
TOPPING
Beat eggs lightly with a fork, beat in sugar and coconut.

I freeze this slice for the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love reading them and try to answer each and everyone.Tanya